Our Institute of Human Sexuality has just completed a 50-year study of human sexuality encompassing (including) every race, nationality, and country on earth. The study surveyed and tracked a million people for 50 years. One major finding is:
Sexual craving causes temporary mental gullibility.
A craving is a powerful desire for something. A sexual craving is a powerful desire for sexual interaction. Gullibility is the state of one who can be persuaded by false reasoning to believe something that is not true. Temporary mental gullibility is the state of one who can be persuaded by their own false reasoning to believe something that is not true. Here is an example of fallacious (false) reasoning by a person in a state of temporary mental gullibility:
- Choices are mental images. (This is a falsehood.)
- If I have no mental images, I cannot choose. (This is a falsehood.)
- If I cannot choose, I cannot deliberately sin. (This is an absurdity [a truth based on a falsehood].)
- I have no mental images. (This can be true.)
- Therefore, I cannot commit sexual sin. (This is false even though it is logical.)
- Therefore, I am free to try to engage in any sexual activity I want. (This is false even though it is logical.)
We see in our example above that the person comes to a conclusion that can result in sinful, sexual activity. Remember, only sex between a man and a woman who are married is approved by God. This is the tradition of the human race, encompasses the biological drive of the human race, encompasses principles of psychiatry, and encompasses one conclusion of our 50-year study but, most important, this is what the Bible teaches.
The main lesson to take away from this article is:
Never try to justify (reason to a conclusion that an act would not be a sin) a sexual activity while you are in a state of sexual craving.